Family Worship Activities
At Seeds Family Worship, we are always thinking about ways to help your whole family spend time together. To this end, we are busy creating activities to bring the Scripture learned through Seeds Family Worship songs to life.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get family worship activities and free song downloads. You can also go to our YouTube channel to find videos to supplement family worship and encourage deeper conversation.
To start, try this sunny day activity at home with your family.
- Listen to the song “Heavenly Lights” from the Power of Encouragement CD.
- Go outside and find a place on the pavement where you can all see your shadows. Stand still and trace each other’s shadows. Also trace where your feet are standing. Let the younger children help trace the shadows of the parents. This gives them a special sense of accomplishment and connectedness.
- Sit down outside and read James 1:17 from your Bible.
- Ask your family to list out the “good and perfect gifts” they know. For younger family members, have them draw these gifts in chalk on the pavement.
- Talk about what it means for God to be the Father of the heavenly lights.
- Now, take some time to be active. Observe your shadows as you jump up and down, move from side to side, and wave your arms. Laugh and talk with your family about what they notice about their shadows.
- If you want, take some more time to allow the kids to color in their shadows with chalk. The whole time, continue talking about light, dark, and their shadows.
- Now, have everyone go back and place their feet in the chalk outlines. Look to see how the shadows have now moved.
- Ask why the Scripture says God doesn’t “change like shifting shadows.” Talk about how good it is that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). What would it look like if we displayed the consistency of Christ?